Either way, I'm taking a bit of a break from liquor drinks for a while. I've been sticking to beer for the most part, even though I admittedly did take a few shots when I was out with my friends the other night and I was fine.
Beer gets boring after a while, and I fear the dreaded beer belly especially with summer just beginning. I'm now on the hunt for some super delicious but still alcoholic drinks, just sans liquor.
1. Strawberry Pineapple Mimosa
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- Mix orange juice and pineapple juice in a pitcher.
- Pour mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill the rest with white wine.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
2. Peach Bellinis
- 1 part peach puree or peach nectar
- 2 parts Prosecco
- Place pureed peaches or peach nectar in a champagne flute.
- Carefully pour in Prosecco, wait for bubbles to go down, continue to pour, and stir.
- Serve immediately.
3. Strawberry Rose Wine Mojito
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 large or 2 small strawberries, diced
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 cup chilled rosé
- 1/4 cup chilled club soda
- Combine the lime, strawberries, mint, and agave in a glass and muddle gently with a spoon.
- Add the wine, club soda and ice.
- Stir and serve.
4. Year-Round Summer Shandy
- 1 part wheat or other light beer
- 1 part lemonade
- Splash of ginger ale for extra fizz (optional)
- Mix beer, lemonade, and ginger ale in a glass.
- Stir and enjoy!
5. Port of Havana
- 3 oz. white port
- 0.75 oz. lime juice
- 0.5 oz. vanilla syrup
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash Bittermens Hopped Grapefruit Bitters
- Lime wheels for garnishing
- Mix all ingredients together (except lime wheels) in a cocktail shaker until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel if desired.
Hopefully these 5 cocktails will give you a little inspiration for the summer. Of course, you can always modify them if you'd like.
It's always nice to have a break from your typical glass of wine or bottle of beer, especially if you're on a liquor strike like I am.
What's your favorite summer drink right now? I'm really feeling the Bellini love myself!