1. Don't use google- If you want to look something up online, try either goodsearch.com or blackle.com. Good Search donates 50% of money made from advertising to ANY charity of your choice every time you use it! And Blackle uses black backgrounds instead of white, so your computer is using less energy!
2. Clean out your car- You know you've been meaning to do this for a long time but haven't gotten around to it yet--well at least I have--but now you have a good reason too (other than making your car look nice inside)! If you have a bunch of unneccessary stuff in your car and trunk, it is extra weight which makes your car burn gas faster (saves money and helps the environment).
3. Join Carbonrally- You can accept challanges to help you try to reduce your carbon footprint. You can join a team or make a team yourself. I am currently a part of Seventeen Magazine's team, but I think it would be cool if a bunch of fellow bloggers got together to form a carbonrally team. Comment/email me if you're interested! It even shows you how much carbon you have reduced (assuming you do the challenges correctly).
4. Get a reusable water bottle- Invest in a water purifier to purify your tap water and use an aluminum water bottle. Buying plastic bottles creates more waste and is more expensive. Sigg has some awesome water bottles to choose from! If you cannot avoid the plastic water bottles, throw them in a recycling bin instead of the trash can after you're done.
5. Unplug electronics when you aren't using them- Is your phone off the charger? Is the charger still plugged into the wall? Unplug it, because it is still using energy. Same goes for your hair straightener, blow dryer, stereo, etc. Also, turn off and unplug your computer at night!
I hope you all will start (or continue) to make greener choices in your daily life! What ways to you help reduce your carbon footprint and help the environment? Would you like to help make a carbonrally team of bloggers? Let me know what you think!